EFA Church Family,
Over the past few weeks, we have been faced with an unprecedented situation not only as a church, but as a global community. As a result, church has looked very different in this season. While we are excited to return to meeting in-person, we know that God has used this season to show us how our church can still experience Him and find family through online means.
On Friday, April 17th, Gov. Stitt held a video conference with many Oklahoma Pastors. He asked us to begin making plans to come together with in-person services as the threat of COVID outbreaks lessens in the weeks ahead. EFA feels that the following plan is our best course of action in light of the recommendations from the Governor's conference, Oklahoma Assemblies of God leadership, and other area pastors.
Please note: these dates are fluid. The hope is that the COVID numbers in our state will continue to decline in the coming weeks, but we will continue to closely follow all CDC, federal, state, and local government guidelines as it pertains to social distancing throughout these phases.
When it does come time for us to return to meeting together, the safety of our church family will be a top priority. As a result, we ask that all of those with compromised immune systems stay home in accordance with Oklahoma’s Safer at Home policies. We also ask that those who are sick or have experienced COVID symptoms not return to services until symptom free for a minimum of 14 days. We love you and we look forward to worshipping with you in-person as soon as safely possible. We understand that each individual and family has a different comfort level of returning to “normal activities.” As you are making the decision of returning to church, we want this to be very natural for you.
The following document has been prepared by the Enid First Assembly Leadership team.
PHASE 1 – Continue Current Online Ministry
• During Phase 1, we will prepare to open our physical locations, but will continue ministry online.
• Facebook Saturday nights at 6pm, Sundays at 9am and 10:30am
PHASE 2 – Open on Saturday & Sunday – Tentative Date – 5/16/-5/17/20
• Weekend services Saturday 6pm, Sunday 9am* and 10:30am
• 1 hour services to ensure people can enter and exit without overcrowding
• Family services only (NO nurseries, preschool, Kids Church or Sunday school)
• Mask and/or gloves can be worn, but are not mandatory
• Bulletins will not be provided
• Drinks and Food will not be offered or served
• Online ministry will continue thru Facebook and our website
• Sanctuary and bathrooms will be sanitized after each service
• Hand sanitizer readily available throughout the church
• Please do not enter the building until 15 minutes before service begins to leave ample time for sanitizing
• Individuals age 65 & older and those with underlying medical conditions are advised to use good judgement and practice “safer at home” protocols.
• No in person prayer partners, we will provide prayer opportunities via Facebook private messagine or you can call the church office at 580-233-1742.
• Seating will be restricted to every other row
• Families need to sit together, including babies, kids, youth, etc.
• Leave a distance between you and the next group of people seated (approx. 6ft)
• Offering may be placed in the offering boxes as you exit the building
• Greeters at front doors to open doors, but no shaking hands or hugging
• No physical contact including shaking hands, hugging, fist bump, etc.
There will be a weekly schedule posted online Mondays via Facebook and our website.
As we move through May, we will keep you updated on further re-opening phases. Please respect our leader’s wishes and the comfort level of others.
*Please note the 9:00 am service time change